Nestled on the Southeast Edge of Okanagan Lake, the Naramata Bench Wine region is a wine lover’s paradise, boasting over 40 wineries amidst stunning landscapes. This picturesque area stretches for 20 kilometers along winding hillside roads, adorned with lush orchards and vineyards that offer breathtaking views. With an impressive range of wines to choose from, including barrel-aged reds, flavorful wines, ice wines, and sparkling wines, the Naramata Bench ensures there’s something to delight every palate.
In this blog post, we’ll take you on a journey through five exceptional boutique wineries that epitomize the charm and allure of the Naramata Bench and Penticton wine country.
1. Three Sisters Winery At the heart of the Naramata Bench, Three Sisters Winery stands as a testament to family-owned passion and dedication to crafting flavorful wines. Perched with awe-inspiring views of both Okanagan and Skaha Lake, this boutique winery believes in allowing the grapes to speak for themselves. Each bottle from Three Sisters Winery tells a story of craftsmanship and love, as the owners, inspired by their three sisters, bring forth wines that resonate with authenticity and a sense of belonging.
2. Bench 1775 Winery Located on the southern shores of Okanagan Lake with its private beach, Bench 1775 Winery treats visitors to unmatched vistas of the shimmering lake from their inviting patio. Named after their address, 1775 Naramata Bench, this winery aims to capture the essence of the grapes they cultivate. With vineyards spread across the Okanagan Valley and a smaller one in Similkameen Valley, Bench 1775 boasts an array of wines that effortlessly showcase the terroir’s unique expression.
3. Lang Vineyards As BC’s first Farm Gate Winery, Lang Vineyards holds a rich history, making it one of the oldest vineyards in Naramata. Embracing their small grower status, Lang Vineyards began producing wines on their own, giving birth to wines that celebrate the distinct characteristics of the region. Visitors can indulge in a wide selection of wines, from dry to sweet whites, and light to full-bodied reds, including delightful dessert wines.
4. Ruby Blues Winery A whimsical and funky boutique winery, Ruby Blues charms guests with its distinctive Volkswagen decked out in true hippie love fashion. The love for the vineyard is evident as workers speak to the vines with care and play rock and roll music amidst the rows. Ruby Blues Winery believes in nurturing living things with love, and this philosophy resonates in every bottle they produce.
5. MOCOJO Winery A heartwarming tale of a family’s journey to pursue their winemaking dreams, MOCOJO Winery is a small, family-run gem that opened its doors in 2014. The Oh family, after years of cultivating oriental veggies and roses in the prairies, found their calling in the picturesque landscapes of the Naramata Bench. With a vineyard spanning five acres, they proudly grow a variety of grapes, including Merlot, Malbec, Viognier, Gewurztraminer, and Pinot Meunier.
Discover the Soul of Naramata Bench Wine Country A visit to the Naramata Bench wine region near Penticton promises an enchanting experience, where boutique wineries offer not only a diverse range of wines but also a glimpse into the deep-rooted passion and dedication of the winemakers. From the breathtaking views that surround Three Sisters Winery to the artistic expressions found at Ruby Blues, each winery on the Naramata Bench tells a unique story, inviting wine enthusiasts to savor the essence of Okanagan wine country.
Whether you’re a seasoned wine aficionado or a casual enthusiast, exploring these boutique wineries will undoubtedly leave you with cherished memories and a newfound appreciation for the art of winemaking in this picturesque part of British Columbia. Cheers to discovering the hidden gems of the Naramata Bench!